- If you have any questions about a specific job or life in China, please do not hesitate to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or TeachESLKorea@gmail.com
- The visa rules and regulations will vary between different provinces and even cities in China.
- As a general rule, they prefer passports from USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Great Britain & Ireland.
- Some provinces can get Z visas for teachers from South Africa, some will not process them.
- All major cities and most provinces want or need you to have a university BA.
- Many cities and provinces want you to have some sort of TEFL certificate.
- Some Tier 1 cities prefer or require you to have graduated from university 2 years before the application date for the Chinese Z visa.
- If you do not have 2 full yrs you can take a special TEFL course 70hrs online and then 50hrs in-class once you arrive in China.
- Most schools will pay for the cost of this $400 course if you promise to work at least 6 months.
- Schools in China love hiring couples – and we love placing them!!! Great support system, rent your own apt and receive double housing allowance, and great attitudes!
- Aggie and I started our adventure with our 8-month old son Jordan and it was the best decision of our lives!